A day at the Zoo....you wanna come too????

It's been a while in between posts I know......but I am sure you all know how it is...busy, busy, busy and all that jazz!...... This time I thought I would share with you a family day out.

Last weekend Jeff and I had the opportunity to spend a wonderful day at Sydney's Taronga Park Zoo with my brother, sister-in-law and our little neice CJ....and what a lovely day we had!.

"the little sweetie herself"
(scuze  the "dribble catcher" (bib)...lol,....
but she is getting more teeth and is losing dribble by what seems to be the bucket full...lol)

CJ was in awe of the animals, as being only 17mths old she had not seen alot of them before. Funnilly enough the birds (not in the cages but the ones flying overhead) seemed to be her favourite....as did seeing the boats in the harbour and the planes flying overhead....things that seemed to have her uncle Jeff enthralled as well...lol
Here are CJ and Uncle Jeff checking out the boats in Sydney Harbour.

It was a bit of a funny day weatherwise so the picture of the boats and the harbour didnt really turn out.....shame really as the view was fantastic. The toots from the horns of the ferries down below had the two of them tooting away at each other...quite amusing really...lol

Another of the highlights for CJ (again bird related) was chasing around the bantom chooks in the petting zoo enclosure...with Aunty Chris is tow......lol. (okay...I'll be honest...I enjoyed it too!...lol)

All in all it was a lovely day spent with our little extended family.....

FAMILY.....we witnessed  lots of examples of little families around the zoo....so, I thought I would share a couple of photos with you....

First up....CJ and her daddy...I love this pic!!...How cute!!
She is just starting out on her adventures through life...and I know that my brother will be there to hold her hand every step of the way

These guys were most entertaining...

One of Taronga's newest family members with his mummy , aunts and cousin.

They keep the males elephants separated from the females and the baby's whilst they are small....His name is "Pathi Harn" which is Thai for "Miracle", as he was thought to have been stillborn after an ultrasound diagnosed him as dead in his mothers womb, however he stunned the zookeepers by moving when he was born...and well...the rest is pretty much Zoo history over here!

another pic of the elephant family....
If you look closely you will see little "Pathi Harn" is standing in front of his cousin

The kings and queens of the jungle.....I love the lions....
I wonder if that has anything to do with me being a Leo??...
Anyways...a lovely family shot at snooze time....
...and another shot of them...

So...as I said...a lovely day spent with my brother and SIL (not only family but our best friends also) and CJ. The Zoo is currently undergoing huge rennovations (you would have noticed the portable fencing in some of the pictures) and the improvements  made since we last visited are amazing.

I will leave you this time with a picture of the view to sydney harbour from the ZOO (courtesy of the Taronga Zoo website http://www.taronga.org.au/ )...so you can see what should have been in the background of my previous pic....lol
Till next time..... Chris x

Comments

  1. What wonderful pictures! I bet your niece had the time of her life!
    She is a cutie. I bet she was as tired as the lions at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    What a special family day! BTW, your niece is so cute! What a BIG day for her- I bet she was so excited! Thanks, for sharing these lovely pics of your family and the new addition at Taronga Zoo 'Pathi Harn'. Hugs, Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day for all of you. May there be many more. Best wishes, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog


Eighteen pair......and counting!!!

It's not a long time in the scale of things