Aaaah...the simple things!....


We are all so busy nowdays aren't we ? ...at least I know I am..... and most days we are in such a hurry that we forget about the simple pleasures that life offers us.

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to do anything, let alone pop up a post of any kind. So..... I thought that I would sit down this evening, after having spent the day doing all of my oustanding chores (and boy were there alot of them), and jot down a few "simple things " that I am thankful for from today....they all cost little or nothing, but mean alot!

.....a short sleep in (no work today)...
.....hugs.....
.....sunshine.....
.....laughter.....
.....health.....
.....the smell of freshly washed clothes.....
.....an email from a friend....
.....a phone call from mum...
.....another from my sister in-law.....
....looking at my garden.....
....the satisfaction of a tidy house....
...a cuddle with my dog and cat....
...and lastly but by no means least....the phone call I received today from my niece...19mths old....cant understand a word of what she has to say.... but it was the most pleasurable experience of the day!...lol

Well that's it from me this evening.....not much of a post this time I am afraid....but I am about to go and have a sit down in front of the telly, finally put my feet up and have a nice hot cup of coffee.....after all it's nearly  10.30pm and I reckon I deserve it!...lol
.
Til next time..... Chris x

Comments

  1. It really doesn't take much to make us happy does it? Glad you got to catch up in the house and chat to Charlotte. You have a great Sunday too.
    J xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean.......I was so thrilled to see blue sky today, actual blue.......lovely...
    We have had a great day outside today, hope you have done something nice too....xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post, Chris :) May you have more days like this :) Best wishes, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris
    Sound like a special day, house work & all :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog


Eighteen pair......and counting!!!

It's not a long time in the scale of things